Cyclist vs. Cyclist Accidents
Orange County Bike Accident Lawyers Focused on Representing Injured Cyclists Throughout California for Over 35 Years
When cyclists collide with other cyclists — whether on the road, on trail rides, or in races — the aftermath can be just as serious as bicycle-automobile accidents. Victims may suffer devastating injuries, including broken bones, traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, soft tissue injuries, and more. These injuries, along with the emotional trauma that typically accompanies them, can be debilitating, preventing victims from returning to work, going about their normal lives, and even getting back out on the road.
At Bike Legal, we have solely focused our practice on bike accidents for over 35 years, and many of our key staff members are avid cyclists themselves. Armed with this personal understanding of the cycling community and the legal field, our firm is uniquely positioned to help you fight for the maximum compensation you deserve after a cyclist vs. cyclist accident.
What to Do after a Cyclist-Cyclist Accident
When you are hit by another cyclist, your initial instinct might be to give them a piece of your mind. However, it is important that you remain calm and make sure that you and the other cyclist are out of harm’s way.
Next, you should take the following steps:
- Seek immediate medical treatment as needed: Your safety and well-being is the number one priority after any bike accident. Check yourself for any apparent injuries and ensure that you are safely out of the road/trail and out of the path of oncoming traffic or cyclists. If you or any other involved party is seriously injured, call an ambulance.
- Get the contact information of the other cyclist: Take down the name, phone number, address, email, and other important information of the other cyclist involved in the accident.
- Document the scene of the accident: If possible, take pictures of the accident scene, as well as your injuries. If it is safe to do so, leave your bike where it is until after police have arrived. If there are any witnesses around, make sure to take down their statements and get their contact information. Ask if they would be willing to testify on your behalf or back up your story in an official police report.
- Make an official police report, if necessary: If you believe the other cyclist broke the law in causing the accident, contact local law enforcement and file an official police report. This can be useful in backing up your personal injury claim at a later date.
- Schedule a followup doctor’s appointment: Even if you believe you only suffered minor injuries, make sure you are checked by a doctor in the days following the accident. After the initial shock has worn off, you may discover that your injuries are more serious than you previously thought. Having proof that you sought medical attention will be invaluable to your injury claim.
- Contact an attorney as soon as possible: Because cyclists are athletes, they tend to heal from injuries at faster rates than other people. It is very important that you contact a bike accident attorney as soon as possible after the accident so that he or she can begin quickly building your case. After your injuries have healed, it may be more difficult to secure substantial (and rightful) financial compensation.
At Bike Legal, we understand the challenges you are facing. Our lawyers are cyclists representing cyclists; we know what you are up against and we know how to effectively advocate for the fair recovery you deserve. Our Orange County bicycle accident lawyers understand the nuances involved in these specific types of cases, and we are prepared to fight tirelessly for you.
We offer our legal services on a contingency fee basis. You will not pay us a dime unless we recover compensation for you. Services in Spanish, Vietnamese, and Thai are available.
Call (800) 449-4850 now to discuss your case with our legal professionals.
Cyclists vs. Auto $4 Million
Cyclist Rear-Ended $3 Million
Negligent Event Promoter $1.4 Million
Cyclist Rear-Ended $500 Thousand
Cyclist Rear-Ended $500 Thousand
Cyclist vs. Auto $500 Thousand
They are part of the cycling community and fully understand the perspective of the cyclist.- Vince D.
I would strongly encourage anyone seeking an excellent law firm to use Bike Legal.- JR- Triathlete
Thank you Bike Legal for all of your hard work on my case.- Sasha R.
The Bike Legal team is a generous sponsor for my son's racing team and frequent speaker at our team meetings.- RL- Team Velosport Cyclist
They are a must for any case you might have.- RF CAT 1 Cyclist