Holding Negligent Bike Event Promoters Accountable
Speak to Our Bicycle Accident Attorneys in Orange County Today
When promoters put on official races, they are liable—to a certain degree—for race participants’ safety. If you’ve ever participated in a race, you’ve likely signed a liability waiver. These waivers are standard practice and function to release race promoters from liability in the event that a crash occurs.
However, just because you’ve signed a liability waiver does not mean that race promoters cannot be held legally accountable for negligence, especially gross negligence. Race promoters are typically covered by liability insurance; if you were injured in a race in California, you may be able to pursue fair compensation for your injuries by filing a claim with the race promoter’s insurance provider.
Why You Should Work with an Experienced Law Firm
Race promoters typically know what they are doing when it comes to protecting themselves from liability. However, this does not mean you don’t have options after a race-related crash or injury. Pursuing compensation in such instances can be very difficult, making it a wise decision to consult with an experienced bike accident lawyer.
At Bike Legal, we have spent more than 35 years solely representing injured cyclists. As avid cyclists ourselves, we understand what you have been through and the challenges you face. As experienced trial attorneys, we know how to navigate the legal process and aggressively pursue the maximum compensation you are owed.
When it comes to your potential negligent race promoter bicycle accident case, we can assist you in the following ways:
- Determining if you have grounds for a claim by investigating whether the race promoter (or another party) acted negligently
- Reviewing the liability waiver to determine if it is legally sound and the degree to which the race promoter may be liable (if applicable)
- Helping you secure proper medical treatment, as well as proper documentation of this medical treatment, to support your claim
- Negotiating with the race promoter’s insurance provider in an effort to secure a just settlement on your behalf
- Handling all required paperwork, including obtaining and filing necessary paperwork with the proper entities
- Gathering and submitting evidence (including evidence of how the crash occurred, the extent of your injuries/damages, and more)
- Representing you in trial proceedings if the liable insurance company refuses to negotiate a fair settlement
Our reputation as proven trial attorneys gives us an edge in that insurance companies know we are not afraid to take cases to court. Because of this, they will often offer better, faster settlements for our clients.
Contact Bike Legal Today
Our Orange County bicycle accident attorneys have the resources, skills, and in-depth understanding of the cycling community needed to pursue favorable outcomes for our clients. We offer contingent fees, meaning there are no upfront costs for you, and our attorneys only recover fees in the event that they successfully secure compensation. We offer legal services in English, Spanish, Vietnamese, and Thai, as well as free consultations for all new and potential clients throughout California.
Cyclists vs. Auto $4 Million
Cyclist Rear-Ended $3 Million
Negligent Event Promoter $1.4 Million
Cyclist Rear-Ended $500 Thousand
Cyclist Rear-Ended $500 Thousand
Cyclist vs. Auto $500 Thousand
They are part of the cycling community and fully understand the perspective of the cyclist.- Vince D.
I would strongly encourage anyone seeking an excellent law firm to use Bike Legal.- JR- Triathlete
Thank you Bike Legal for all of your hard work on my case.- Sasha R.
The Bike Legal team is a generous sponsor for my son's racing team and frequent speaker at our team meetings.- RL- Team Velosport Cyclist
They are a must for any case you might have.- RF CAT 1 Cyclist